Step 01: Base
- To paint, the first thing to do is to prepare the base. Normally 2 coats are done to make base from putty. We all use JK putty there is a lot of duplication in all the different brands out there in the market at the moment.
- In this the base is made in two ways. If premium paint is to be done, then the base is made from pop on the wall, which costs 15 rupees separately.
- When the base becomes proper then it is sanded for finishing.
- Normal putty is used for inside and waterproof putty is used for outside. Pop is not used outside at all.
Step 02: Primer
- Normal primer is done in the interior and waterproof primer is done in the exterior.
- The cost of waterproof products is double then normal products, even in putty and all paints, even in primer.
- The deficiency left in the putty is visible in the primer, touch up of the putty is done to make it final.
- Where damp proof paint is to be applied, it can be applied directly after putty, there is no need of primer.
Step 03: Paint
- Two coats are done in normal paint and 3 coats in premium.
- The paint is all done with a roller, the brush is used only for the corners.
- Paints like Royale Shine require a lot of skilled labor. Normal paint can also be done by a normal craftsman.
- On the outside, either direct Damp-proof or Apex Ultima and normal Apex paint is used, Damproof is cheaper than all and good option.
- Interior Normal Paint Cost @ Rs. 24/sqft
- Interior Premium Paint Cost @ Rs. 50/sqft
- Exterior Damproof Paint Cost @ Rs. 40/sqft
- Exterior Premium Apex Cost @ Rs. 50/sqft